When is the last time you visited your school? Well, if you are still a student… the obvious answer will be just a day or two ago. So, this question is meant for those who have graduated for at least a couple of years.

I’ve graduated from my high school for more than 8 years, and the last time I actually visited the school was to get my STPM result, just about 8 years ago.

It’s odd, I have great memories of my high school years, it was fun, mostly… but I never bothered to pay the school a visit for all these years. Sometimes I did drove by the school when visiting my hometown, just to see if there are any difference with the school… but I was kinda ‘afraid’ to walk into the school.

I am not sure why… perhaps I know that it will remind me of a lot of wonderful memories that won’t repeat itself again. Sometimes people are not just trying to hide bad memories, but good memories as well, just to pretend that we are living the happiest moment in our life… that’s what I believe.

I am certain that I will revisit my school again some day… probably when I feel that my current life is so good that those wonderful memories in high school are not that worth remembering any more. Hope that the time will come really soon.

9 Responses to “When is the last time you visited your school?”

1. khairul Says:
    April 1st, 2007 at 3:52 am

the last time? hmmm.. let me guess… i think around 2 years ago.. to take my spm result.. :) … but since then i never went to my school again.. maybe it’s a matter of fact that i had my education in a residential school, and it is quite far with my hometown. that’s why i am quite lazy to visit my school.

but i agree with you about the feeling of ‘afraid’ to visit my school back. for me, schooldays is the best memory that i have ever had. but maybe ‘that’ feeling appear because i don’t ready to face my add math teacher [because i didn’t get A for that subject.. ;p]..who knows… hehe..

April 1st, 2007 at 11:59 am

khairul… so where are you studying now? Or working?

3. khairul Says:
    April 1st, 2007 at 3:32 pm

currently i read law at uitm shah alam… still in my first year doing my bachelor in legal studies.. before i continue with my L.LB (hONS.)…

wish me luck in my studies.. :)

April 1st, 2007 at 5:57 pm

Good luck khairul.

5. khairul Says:
    April 2nd, 2007 at 12:06 pm

oh..thanks jee.. i really need that good luck.. :)

6. Australian Migration Planners Says:
    April 2nd, 2007 at 2:31 pm

It’s best to let go the past. That’s why most of us prefer to focus on the future – like getting qualifications to prepare us for life, qualifications that are ‘portable’ so that we can work anywhere. I read Law in the UK and then wa s able to migrate to Australia. But nowadays if you speak English, have a HSC or not, you can do a 2 year course (accounting, financial planning,hairdressing (yes), cooking, welding etc) and migrate to Australia. You can even WORK to pay your fees as the courses are usually scheduled that way. Send a brief email to “ausmigration@iprimus.com” for a free assessment if you are from Malaysia. Do it today as things might change (means it might become tougher).

April 2nd, 2007 at 8:30 pm

Hmmm Mr. Planner, marketing your business again? Your comments always seemed a bit spammy, and yet somehow related to what I wrote, at least a bit.

I am not sure if I should call you a spammer or opportunity seeker lol.

Anyhow… I’ve heard that a professional cook have better chance to get a OZ’s PR then engineers these days… interesting ain’t so.

8. James Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 10:44 pm

My school hired me as a coach for their rifle shooting team after I finished in ’04, but I had a pretty good time at high school, and live nearby still, so I was bound to stop by sooner or later.

With comment #7, take a look at the way university courses in Australia tend to be graded. It’s basically on popularity. Popular courses like medicine, law, commerce, have entry requirements (UAIs) way above their required skill (except medicine, that probably should be high), and something quite complex like engineering has low UAIs (

April 11th, 2007 at 11:15 pm

In Malaysia the competition for popular universtiy courses is tough for some people… people that meet the entry requirements are often not offered a spot.