When I was in high school, I fell in love with a girl (sort of) who didn’t like people smoking.

I don’t smoke; not that I would even if I never met this girl… but sometimes when I saw people smoking, I thought of her, and I know that I’m still keeping a simple promise that I made to myself long ago… and it feels good.

Not sure how she thinks about smoking these days… people change. Who knows, her current boyfriend might be quite a heavy smoker, that will be pretty ironic.

14 Responses to “Love, smoke, promise, ironic”

1. Monkey Junior Says:
    March 27th, 2007 at 11:53 pm

Yes, she may change…if she meet with a guy who love her so much but is a smoker, i think she won’t mind about it. As long as love her, who cares whether he is a smoker or non-smoker…

2. alice Says:
    March 28th, 2007 at 12:37 am

All the “don’t like” will be abandoned when the girls meet some one that really love them so much :p

Anyway, the girl is quite lucky because at least you still thinking of her when you seeing some one smoking.

3. Alicia Says:
    March 28th, 2007 at 11:52 am

err i’ve an unrelated topic.. normally guys (mostly) who smoke (esp malaysians) do expects the gf not to smoke.. but he himself smoke alot..

March 28th, 2007 at 8:13 pm

MJ and alice… I think both of you are right, love does overwrite lots of things.

alice… I am not sure if it’s a luck for her, it doesn’t really matters after all.

Alicia… dik, mana dapat statistik ni? I always thought smokers don’t mind their spouse smoking… vice versa. Anyway, as MJ and alice mentioned, it could be really a small matter for most people.

I am not sure how will I feel if I meet a dream girl that’s a heavy smoker… I seriously doubt I could be turn on by a smoker :p

5. RM Says:
    March 29th, 2007 at 8:49 am

Hi Jee, MJ & Alicia,

hear of ‘LOVE IS BLIND’ until one gets married, the blindness will go away..ha ha….

man, Jee u must thinking alot of her as there are so so many smokers around. don’t be caught day dreaming of yr[old flame] and let oppurtunities pass you by.

is she ‘cool’?. must be otherwise u wld have forgotten her.

6. Alicia Says:
    March 29th, 2007 at 3:18 pm

abang jee… hehe from most of my male frens loh..

March 29th, 2007 at 10:44 pm

RM… nah, the feelings are long gone. Not really thinking of her too much when seeing people smoking, some times only… it’s like listening to a song and reminded of something, it just happens.

Well, she’s cool… not really pretty but cool.

Alicia… don’t trust any single word from your male friends :p

8. alice Says:
    April 6th, 2007 at 12:10 am

jee, are you saying that we shldn’t trust you as well since you oso male friend ? ;P

April 6th, 2007 at 12:10 pm

alice… now only you know kah? :o

10. chloe Says:
    June 28th, 2007 at 3:46 pm

u could still re-call the girl u used to love during high school? Hehe

June 28th, 2007 at 4:43 pm

Why not chloe… in fact we are good buddies these days.

12. chloe Says:
    July 8th, 2007 at 7:17 pm

impressive. Suddenly, i miss my frens. Deep sob

13. Adolfo Says:
    December 16th, 2014 at 12:28 pm

marijuana is the most commonly uses ilaglel substance in the United States. it is used by many people, most of which aren’t your stereotypical druggie , with no life agead of them. Many of them hapen to be very successful, good people. Think about it almost if not every person who reads this paper will know (even if they don’t realize it) at least one if not several regular users of marijuana. Its often made out to be much more harmful htan it really is, unfortunatly not every one realizes this. What many people don’t realize is marijuana is much less harmful than alcohol or tobacco. Yet it’s the one of the three that gets a bad rap and is ilaglel. Marijuana isn’t even physicaly addicting. You certanly don’t see meetings for marijuana like you do with alcohol and AA. Unfortunatly due to American culture the less harmful of the three is ilaglel.The most common reason why marijuana can be harmful is that people can often come across laced marijuana without realizing it. Marijuana can easily be mixed with other more harmful drugs with out the buyer realizing it, until they have already used it. This is a dangerous thing that causes many people to do more harmful, hard core drugs without realizing it. If it were to be legalized the government could provide guide lines, like it does with alchol to insure that people knew what they were putting into their bodies.Marijuana actually has many helpful benefits toward diseases / sicknesses. Marijuana can reduce nausea, vomiting, and loss of appetite caused by AIDS. It can Reduce interlobular pressure, which alleviates the pain and slowing and sometimes even stopping the progress of glaucoma. Common side effects of chemotherapy are nausea, loss of appetite, and vomiting, all of which marijuana would help. It can limit muscle pain and relieve tremor nad unsteadiness of gait for multiple sclerosis patients. Marijuana can help prevent epileptic seizures in some patients. It can also alleviate chronic, often debilitating pain caused by myriad disorders and injuries. Each one of these applications have been deemed legitimate by at least one United States court, legislature, and/or government agency.Due to these reasons and many others many people are going to jail/prison on a daily basis due to simply smoking a little pot These aren’t dangerous criminals that would kill or rape someone. Many of them are teachers, lawyers and respected members of their communities. But yet we still pay thousands of dollars of tax payers money to lock up non dangerous criminals yearly even though most aren’t going to stop after they get out of jail. Don’t you think the money spent here is a waste? Couldn’t it be going to more useful things such as hospitals, disease research, or better schools? These are the things that would benifit the people of this country. Certanily you would rather benefit the people more than throwing a non violent pot head in jail who was only trying to smoke a joint and relax after a long days work in jail. There is up to forty million regular (note thats just the regular not occasional users) drug users in the United states. If we were to throw all of them in jail it would cost $500,000 per million people, plus the cost and space of building many more prisons. Couldm’t that money be spent on building hospitals? There’s already about 1.5 million people tax payers are paying to keep in jail over drugs. From 1990 to 2003, nearly 5.9 million people had been arrested for smoking marijuana. Thats a greater number than the entire population of Alaska, Delaware, The District of Columbia, Montania, North and South Dakota, Vermont, and Wyoming combined. This country simply can’t afford to put 40 million more in jail.Marijuana should be legalized. It has many uses such as helping sick patients. People are going to smoke it no matter what the government sais, and with out govenment guidelines this can be dangerous. Not to mention the fact that we have no way we can afford to throw all those people in jail. Its much less harmful than alcohol and tobacco, which are legal, so doesn’t it make sense that it would be also?

14. Kitla Says:
    March 17th, 2015 at 11:34 pm

Hi there I am so thrilled I found your webolg, I really found you by error, while I was researching on Google for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say many thanks for a incredible post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read it all at the minute but I have saved it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the fantastic work.