Weekdays… Wake up, breakfast (most skipped it btw), drive to work, work, lunch, work, drive home, dinner, TV, sleep.

Weekends… Wake up late, brunch, shopping, TV, more TV (some prefer PC/PS games though), dinner, and more TV, sleep.

It’s not my life. Some of the people I know are living their life this way… nothing wrong with that, it’s their life after all.

14 Responses to “It’s not my life”

1. alice Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 10:14 pm

Haha… true also. However, there may have some other things to do on top of that like studying, exercising, surfing net, …
    life shouldn’t be so boring :p

March 22nd, 2007 at 10:30 pm

True alice. I understand most people do need the 9-5 job… the friends I mentioned, they don’t read, they rarely exercise, the reason they are online is to download TV series and anime so that they can watch (TV programs not enough)… interesting life isn’t it lol…

3. alice Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 11:46 pm

hmm… may be … but from my points of views, life is short and we should seize every second in our lfe.
    ya, tv series & animes can relieve our stress, but don’t watch too frequent as they are non value added. once awhile will do.. :p

March 22nd, 2007 at 11:59 pm

I was just being sarcastic. You are right, life is too short to spend too much time on TV.

One funny (probably sad) thing is when I asked some of my friends: “What do you want to achieve in your life?”… Most of them don’t have the answer.

Lots of people are just living life day by day, doing the same thing, and just hoping that tomorrow will be a better day.

I can’t say that they are wrong though, they could be living a happier life because they are not demanding much.

5. alicia Says:
    March 23rd, 2007 at 12:27 pm

it’s normal and required as in.. traditional way of making ends meet

March 23rd, 2007 at 1:12 pm

alicia… yupe, it’s normal, I know.

9-5 for 5-6 days is unavoidable for some (or most), but what happens after the work-life is a matter of choices. I just feel that young adults these days are not thinking enough about their future.

I mean… have people ever thought of what’s going to happen in 3 years, or 5, or 10, 20 years later if they kept on what they are doing; and whether the future they could forsee is the future that they really want.

I can’t speak for everyone, as I said earlier, some people are probably less demanding… and they could actually live a happier life than people like me that’s sometimes over-ambitious.

7. RM Says:
    March 23rd, 2007 at 11:05 pm

Hi Jee/Alicia,
    can’t agree with you Jee of being over-ambitious…9-5 day in day out are normally for people who drag themselves to work..wherelse if one has a goal or amibiton to reach..you might greet each morning with full of anticipation that you are getting closer to your goal/s. [without stepping over someone of course…]

moreover don’t think anyone knock off at 5 in KL “Boss still around” man or to avoid traffic jams. think of the unemployed…

so do you or your friends getogather once a week and go out? to break this borrrrrring routine!.

March 25th, 2007 at 11:44 pm

RM… I’ve chosen a different path; 9-5 is not for me.

9. alice Says:
    March 26th, 2007 at 9:01 pm

i agree with jee, 9-5 for 5-6 days is common for most of the people, however the life after that work is very subjective to each person. it’s no about ambitious or not, just we have to make our fragile life more meaningful.

March 26th, 2007 at 11:09 pm

One big issue I noticed is most people basically stop learning (other than stuff at work) after they finished their studies.

I myself are guilty of this too… I do read quite often; but other than that, I could take some time to learn something extra, like piano or archery etc… but didn’t. I will start finding a place for archery learning… always dreamt of being a Robin Hood, sort of lol.

11. Alicia Says:
    March 28th, 2007 at 11:50 am

hehe take up new hobbies like photography and cooking :P

March 28th, 2007 at 8:17 pm

Alicia… lol problem is my friends think TV’ing is a good hobby too. So, taking real classes on photography or what?

13. ostralerr Says:
    April 30th, 2007 at 12:49 pm

Recently, I just read one article on this topic. The study said that most young people are doing so, choosing TV to relax, for this, experts say we should not treat watching TV as our hobby, but form a good hobby, because when we grow old, we would find watching too much TV reduces our mind or intelligence.

I think in some degree, they are right. If interactive TV prevails, the situation may be different.

April 30th, 2007 at 1:03 pm

ostralerr… watching TV can be good as well, without overdoing it. Besides, it depends on what we watch… if we watch some discovery channels, could be enlightening; else if we watch all the Korean dramas daily, I doubt we could be any smarter…