Finally felt some CNY festive mood over the weekend… shopping malls were jammed with frenzy shopping, and pasar malam was crowded with people hunting for CNY delicacies and accessories.

Was trying to do something illegal, buying firecrackers, but no luck.

CNY without firecrackers will never be the same. I seriously think the banning of most firecrackers are dubious… there are probably more people injured (or killed) in car accidents in a day than would be injured by firecrackers in a year… perhaps we should ban driving instead.

Btw, I am getting tired of CNY. Traffic jams, and same old questions from relatives every year… what are you doing now… Why not working (they never understood the freelance concept)… got girlfriend or not… wah you are getting fatter each year (yes, thank you very much)… blah blah blah…

Gosh, am I getting too old to enjoy CNY?

8 Responses to “Some festive mood, finally”

February 13th, 2007 at 1:31 am

hey man Jee… yeahh i feel the same as u… it just isn’t the same with the firecrackers n stuff… i saw some very nice firecrackers when i was in Swatow a few years ago.

relatives would ask me the same stuff u had mentioned.. haha especially since my cousins have just had kids last year.. i would seem to be like next in line to be getting married whew….

2. cp1 Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 8:59 am

yeah firecrackers will make and spice up the whole celebration .. first, happy valentine’s day to you and second, gong xi fa cai!!!

3. Really Man Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 10:53 am

Hi Guys,

What a shame or rather if you r rich, what is couple of hundreds$ fine..to usher the Good Year into your bussiness.
    bet u some will going firing off after paying “before hand” so called fine. ha ha

Jee do u still entitle to “Ang Pow” since u r still single, man.?

pity your nieces/nephews drooling for your Ang Pow. ha ha

Kong Hee Fatt Choy to you guys!!!.

you and Joshy remember to throw mandarins over the Klang River come 15 th day, and make a run for it..’cause Bandaraya will get you for littering!!!.

February 14th, 2007 at 11:41 am

Johsy… the dilemma of singles in CNY lol.

cp1… same to you :)

RM… my hometown is a village, some of the authorities have been staying in the village for years as well; they learnt well to close one eye even without the kopi $.

Ya people still give me angpau… even my friends that got married and younger than me give me angpau too lol.

Nah I don’t really care about single or married. I believe angpau is supposed to be given from elders to young ones, so my nieces/nephews will get their share from me when they grew older. For now they will get some gifts from me.

Guys where got throw one… girls throw, guys catch :)

Happy CNY.

5. ganchan Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 1:51 pm

I for one am glad for the ban on firecrackers >_

6. ganchan Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 2:09 pm

getting less and less angpaus as the years go by…
    my aunts keep hinting me to start giving (IOW settle down ) :P

February 14th, 2007 at 6:20 pm

ganchan… you are soooooo not Chinese :p

Another ‘middle-aged’ male lol..

8. alice Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 8:24 pm

hahaha… as usual lah… the elders wil hint us when they give us ang pau… saying that hopefully we wil give ang pau and not longer just receive it by next year :)

happy CNY to every one