A dear family friend passed away yesterday… I’m leaving for Ipoh a couple hours later to attend her memorial ceremony and funeral.

It’s saddening to see long-term family friends leaving, but it’s not too much of a surprise though, anything can happen when people are getting into their 60s.

What really matters is how we live our life when we are still standing. Quite often I see old folks losing special interest, wandering every day’s life just like every other day… I can’t say it’s bad, they probably felt peaceful and blessing to enjoy the easiness… but I sure wish that my life will still be exciting when I’m old.

I think I will be doing a bungee jump when I’m 78, and probably die of heart attack that same moment… it should be cool.

6 Responses to “Life, aging, death”

1. Mil Says:
    January 18th, 2007 at 10:35 am

I was browsing and searching about Michael Wang Guang Liang and somehow I found your blog. It so intresting to read your thought, your writing. Some inspiring, some realizing me about life, love and everything.

Nice writing ^^*

January 19th, 2007 at 10:56 am

Thanks for the compliment Mil.

3. alice Says:
    January 19th, 2007 at 10:19 pm

life is fragile, so we must enjoy our life…
    hmmm, i think the most important is friend. we must have friends no matter how old we are, they are important on top of family.

January 20th, 2007 at 2:25 pm

True alice… NOW is all that matters, and friends are always important. For me family always come first though.

5. A wedding and a funeral l Jee’s life in Malaysia Says:
    January 26th, 2007 at 2:35 am

[…] Was in Ipoh to attend a funeral last week. The deceased was a school headmaster, and her funeral was on a working day… so understandably most of the people at the funeral were retirees, retired teachers to be precise. […]

6. Paik Says: