Kiroro is one of my favorite Japanese artist (2 actually, they are duo from Okinawa). Their music is often so simple and pure, with just a piano and a beautiful vocal.

I first learnt about Kiroro from Taiwanese singer Rene Liu, who sang a few Chinese hit songs adapted from Kiroro’s original Japanese version.

Mirae is probably the most popular song from Kiroro, for non Japanese fans in particular..

The song brings back lots of wonderful memories from my uni days, I had a college mate that used to play their CD everyday and night.

I can’t really understand what they are singing, I tend to feel touch most of the time.. perhaps there’s no word boundaries in music.

My personal favorite from Kiroro is Aitai..

Another couple of Kiroro’s songs that I like on YouTube.. Nagai Aida and Hitotsubu No Namida.

Haven’t heard much from Kiroro lately, my friend told me that the duo has been disbanded.. not sure, hope that it’s just rumors.

15 Responses to “Kiroro”

1. twinsmom Says:
    September 15th, 2006 at 11:51 am

I have been listening to the Chinese version from Rene Liu recently, also just found out Kiroro is the original singer. I like this song very much too, same like you don’t know what it mean in Japanese, but just feel so soothhing to listen to this song. music is just so amazing.

September 15th, 2006 at 10:06 pm

True.. Kiroro’s music is simple, clean and amazing.

September 17th, 2006 at 7:55 am

hehe after ur post i went straight to wikipedia to see

“In January 2005, vocalist Chiharu Tamashiro announced that she was engaged. In April, she and her fiancĂ© entered the family registry. In May, Tamashiro revealed that she is pregnant and is expected to give birth later this year.”

heehee i sure hope they are still around, their music is so nice to listen to.

September 17th, 2006 at 11:57 am

Thanks for the note Joshy.. how come I didn’t think of checking with wiki at the first place.

5. Ong Yujing Says:
    September 19th, 2006 at 6:02 pm

Dear all, I am also a very devoted KIRORO music fanatic from Singapore who possesses all their different songs on CDs(other than the fact that I don’t buy singles in which all the songs are available in albums in different versions) and two DVDs. If anyone would wish to discuess about KIRORO music my email is ong_y_j@yahoo.com and the account that I offer fellow KIRORO music fanatics to base their website is mykiroro.com If anyone came across a good KIRORO fansite, please let me know so that I can invite the webmaster to join mykiroro.com . Also, just to talk on, I got to know KIRORO music thanks to Rene Liu too! And my lifetime favourite song would definitely be mirai_e. The lyrics are so well written, and the song was actually composed in acapella form when the vocalist, Tamashiro Chiharu, was 15. What we hear now is the version which had been refined witht the assistance of the pianist, Kinjo Ayano. (By the way both of them are high school classmates!) I wonder if you all know about the “beautiful mistake” that gave birth to this song…
    Last but not least, a little correction to the information above, It was Kinjo Ayano who declared the news of her engagement and pregnancy on 24th May 2005. She was 3 months pregnant then, as she later gave birth to a baby girl in November 2005. Tamashiro Chiharu announced her three months pregnancy on 25th July 2005, describing that she had to forgo her habit of drinking this time around the season to welcome the new life…She had given birth to a baby boy in February this year(2006).
    Last but not least, it feels so good to know that there are fellow people who love KIRORO music as much as I do…:)

6. Ong Yujing Says:
    September 19th, 2006 at 6:08 pm

And no, there are no official news that they are disbanded… In fact if you know the lyrics of one of their finale songswasurenaide…. one line says along the lines of … “When would we play music together again?” And Tamashiro Chiharu simply said before on her online diary, if I’m not mistaken, that she would continue to sing till her very end in her homeland of Okinawa… But while I really wish them to come back and display their musical talents for as long as they would, I wish them happiness no matter if they would return from their maternal leave…

September 19th, 2006 at 9:26 pm

Thanks for all the info Yujing, appreciated.

8. Tommy February6 and Tommy Heavenly6 l Jee’s life in Malaysia Says:
    September 26th, 2006 at 11:53 am

[…] Not a big fan of The Brilliant Green, their songs were ok but lacked a bit of uniqueness. I favored Do As Infinity, Kiroro and some other solo J-pop artist back then. […]

9. Anonymous Says:
    November 9th, 2006 at 5:24 pm

this song is very bored>i never hear a good part inthis lyrics>i hate this song very very very very very very much> ha ha ha ha ha and hah >

10. stati Says:
    December 8th, 2006 at 3:23 am

ana mol hamam li kayan f dawra li kayna hda dawra dial gisar

11. stati Says:
    December 8th, 2006 at 3:23 am

oksiro thawaw

12. edjie Says:
    December 13th, 2006 at 10:39 am

waa.. i luv kiroro!! i listen ton their songs always.. and i don’t find it boring.. the language doesn’t matter that much.. it’s their music that connects them to the people..

13. seigo Says:
    January 19th, 2007 at 12:23 am

I don’t know if this true but they will be working on an album schedule to be release in 2007.I really like Himawari and Shiroi Kutsushita and ever popular Nagai Aida and yep,Best Friend.

January 19th, 2007 at 10:58 am

Good to hear that seigo, hope that Kiroro do come out with an album.

15. Ong Yujing Says:
    January 23rd, 2007 at 7:52 pm

Dear Seigo and Lee

The 10th anniversary CD is expected to be released in March 2007. Cheers:)