There are times when you suddenly think of some old buddies that you haven’t been contacting for years.

You want to pick up the phone and give them a call, but then wonder.. what are we suppose to chat about? After all it has been so long you last seen each other.. you are not even sure if they are using the same phone number.

In life we will meet lots of people and friends.. some will stay as life long buddies, some are just passers-by that will live in our fading memories.

Irony though, friends become strangers because we allow them to, perhaps it’s time to stop wondering and just give them a call.

6 Responses to “Friends, strangers, phone calls”

1. Shaz Says:
    August 16th, 2006 at 12:15 pm

YEa true…having too many friends can be a problem at times if u dont balance urself well enough with them.

2. xiaoxiao Says:
    August 16th, 2006 at 2:05 pm

stop thinking without action..

just call through and yell helo.. simply missing someone so call~~

3. Emily Says:
    August 16th, 2006 at 11:33 pm

well..
    some friends we just plainly miss them..

August 17th, 2006 at 12:15 am

Shaz.. having too many friends? lol I guess I must be lucky not to have too many of them then. Actually some friends will just fade away in some point of our life, high schools graduation, university graduation, change of working environment etc.. and it’s quite pity that some of the good old pals just lost contact for that.

xiaoxiao.. I already started making calls, got on hold with 2 of them, have some chats and it’s actually pretty cool, we might be having tea sometime later.

Emily.. well it’s always a matter of choice, we can always make the move if we have enough desire to keep in touch with everyone, but then there will always be a few friendship that will be gone forever regardless, perhaps as what you mentioned.

5. coffee Says:
    August 18th, 2006 at 10:25 am

I think I’m quite lucky…and also tragic – all at the same time. You know why? Well, I do have friends. But, I do think I am no match to Shaz, in this case. But, sufficient enough for me to survive on.

I have a best friend. But, she’s now in Europe doing her master. That might probably take another 2 years or so before returning to KL.

August 18th, 2006 at 1:03 pm

coffee.. friends are not measured by numbers. It’s nice for Shaz to have bunch of friends, it’s ok to have just a few.

Off topic.. I have female friends that just broke up after a long relationship, and found themselves with not much friends. Some girls tend to forget about friendship when they are in love, so in love that they neglected their own social circle. That’s pity.