Wang Guang Liang album coverWas thinking of going for Michael Wong’s concert end of September, most people perhaps would be more familiar with Michael’s Chinese name, Guang Liang instead.

Funny though, I had never attended any solo concert before.. pretty odd for a 27 ehh? Those days I used to think that concert tickets were bloody expensive, and I generally don’t have specific favorite artist that could craze me to their concert.

Michael Wong aka Guang Liang is an exception though.. not that I idolise him or something, it’s just that he’s my school alumni.

I was still in primary school when Michael graduated from secondary. He already showed his music talent during high school, composed a popular school theme song that is still being used these days.

Well there’s not many school in Malaysia that produced an international superstar. I know I’m probably a bit kiasu but I’m sincerely proud of what Michael has achieved and would love to go to his concert as appreciation.

Still undecided on what ticket to purchase, got to be hurry as the concert ticket could be sold out pretty soon.. ermm and then what’s next? Buy some CDs and start to learn some songs so that I can sing along? Whatever.

Here is one of my favorite Michael’s music video.. Fairy Tale – Tong Hua, you might love the song too. (Thanks to sinkuuken for the video)

35 Responses to “A little tale of Michael Wong – Guang Liang”

June 29th, 2006 at 8:39 am

hehe we like him over here in Singapore also lorr..go to ktv sure dian a few of his songs..Yue Ding and his version of another Malaysian singer’s song Yong Qi is also quite nice :)

2. littleguykitchen Says:
    June 29th, 2006 at 10:01 am

I like his songs as it’s meaningful and soothing. You should get his songs. :)

June 29th, 2006 at 11:03 pm

I think Guang Liang very much rock the whole Chinese music last year, too bad he didn’t win anything in the Taiwan Golden Melody awards.

I watched Yue Ding’s mv on TV, and Yong Qi too (originally Fish Leong) and both songs are nice..

My sis got lots of his songs in her iPod, and I’m the one who use the ipod more often lol.

June 30th, 2006 at 12:27 am

hehe and his piano playing also very good lorr…his mvs alwiz got a ye man nu you..or a very sweet nu you…lol i like them very much. Coincidentally..is Gary Cao Ge also from Malaysia?his Superwoman is very nice

June 30th, 2006 at 2:27 pm

Beutiful MVs are always an attraction. Yes Cao Ge is from Malaysia, but I never heard much of his music.

6. Will Says:
    August 24th, 2006 at 6:51 pm

May I know where in Malaysia (to be exact in Petaling Jaya or Damansara area) can I purchase his concert tickets? I believe the first concert tickets are gone and he has a second one. Where can I get it? Email me at wnka86@yahoo.com

August 25th, 2006 at 12:57 am

The Michael Wong concert ticket can be purchase at Axcess outlet..

> Music Valley, Cheras Leisure Mall
    > Lot 10 Info. Counter
    > The Actors Studio, Bangsar
    > Fantasy Music, Sunway Pyramid
    > Music Valley Greentown, Ipoh
    > Music Valley Midlands Park, Penang
    > Music Valley, Holiday Plaza, Johor Bahru
    > Rock Corner, Midvalley Megamall
    > Box Office, Stadium Putra, Bukit Jalil
    > Axcess Office, Jalan Semangat

8. eiz Says:
    September 28th, 2006 at 11:33 pm

Hi, anyone needs a Michael Wong’s concert ticket? I have 1 for sale, 30th Sept. Too bad I can’t make it. I really would love to go.

September 28th, 2006 at 11:56 pm

eiz.. you are giving out for free or what :p

It’s quite irony but I couldn’t make it myself lol

10. eiz Says:
    September 30th, 2006 at 5:25 pm

Yup, i’m giving out but sorry I think it’s too late.

September 30th, 2006 at 5:49 pm

That’s generous of you eiz. I assume you already found the new ‘owner’ for the ticket, hope that luck fella will enjoy Michael’s concert.

12. Winnie Says:
    October 2nd, 2006 at 2:42 pm

Hi, I’m winnie from Jakarta, Indonesia.
    I attended Guang Liang’s concert in Malaysia at 30 Sept 2006. Superb!! I like him more and more. It’s a very touching and heart warming concert. Not just one singer versus audience. It’s like visiting a best friend. He also took time to explain the story behind each song. I can enjoy his songs more since now I understand the meaning behind it. I can see how much he really enjoys singing and tries so much to please his audience. It’s worth all the efforts that I made to watch the concert.
    Hope everybody enjoys his concert as much as I do.

October 2nd, 2006 at 2:50 pm

Hi Winnie, it’s cool to see people from oversea to attend Michael’s concert in Malaysia. Glad you enjoy the concert, and I believe many others will feel the same way too.

14. joyce Says:
    October 2nd, 2006 at 11:45 pm

grt to know many enjoy guan liang concert, after attend his concert on 30 sept 06, really started to like his song more n more. hope to hear more nice songs from him.

15. annie Says:
    October 3rd, 2006 at 6:32 pm

hi….i am annie from kl, on 30th sept 06 and 1st oct 06…… this date is most meaningful and important for me because………………………… i attended Michael concert……
    It a great concert for me and Michael fans too……i will continue to support YOU…….Michael ……….gambate……..

October 3rd, 2006 at 10:59 pm

joyce and annie.. you are 2 lucky girl, how I wish I could be there as well. I read that Cheer Chen was the guest for the concert, I love her very much as well.

Great that many Michael’s fans enjoyed his Malaysia concert.

17. jac Says:
    October 5th, 2006 at 2:51 pm

i went to the concert on 30th september 06 too:) i nearly cried when he sang yong bau. it is so touching. i hope to see him soon.

October 6th, 2006 at 1:28 am

Hi jac.. another concert audience, cool. I wish I was there :cry:

Hopefully Guang Liang will be having another Malaysia concert in near future, I want to be there.

19. jac Says:
    October 6th, 2006 at 2:07 pm

jee… do you know where can i find the song ‘mei yi tsi han ni’? in the concert, guang liang sang this song and i just love it. can you help me to find…

October 6th, 2006 at 4:04 pm

jac.. I think Guang Liang has just released his “1996-2006 The Greatest Hits” album, the song should be in the compilation.

21. jac Says:
    October 12th, 2006 at 8:33 pm

October 13th, 2006 at 11:54 am

You are welcome jac.

23. sky vang Says:
    November 10th, 2006 at 10:27 pm

just stoping by

24. andriymilan Says:
    November 15th, 2006 at 1:18 pm

Este video me gusta mucho, por la forma en que se aprecia el amor tendiendo de un hilo….

25. andriymilan Says:
    November 15th, 2006 at 1:21 pm

I like this video a lot for that shows as the love I could spread of a thread that can break in any instant…

26. i am who i am Says:
    January 23rd, 2007 at 7:12 pm

i like michael songs ever since he’s dou with victor..i like his voice no matter what songs he sings.he’s always the best to me.all the best to michael.

27. yiiXian Says:
    February 22nd, 2007 at 2:34 pm

i luv guang liang! go guang liang! go guang liang!..i will always support euu!.. erm,can i know when’s guang liang’s concert??

February 23rd, 2007 at 2:53 pm

yiiXian… you mean Guang Liang’s concert in Malaysia? The last one was quite some months ago… never heard of any future concerts.

29. sky vang Says:
    February 28th, 2007 at 1:45 am

hey can anybody help me find this lyric As if nothing had happened 若無其事 by guang liang

30. Binnie Says:
    June 10th, 2007 at 1:00 am

yeah, i need the lyrics to As If Nothing Had Happened, it’s such a good song.

31. izah Says:
    July 15th, 2007 at 8:53 pm

i like his music very much eventhough i’m malay..u rock my heart..i love guang liang very much..

32. happy gurl Says:
    December 17th, 2007 at 8:50 pm

i m guang liang’s fans…….. his song touched my heart!!! guang liang….. GAMBATEH!!!!!!!!! i will support u 4ever……

33. Erwin Saputra Says:
    October 29th, 2008 at 8:07 pm

i wish michael to indonesia(palembang city)

tung hua is the my best song

i always dream michael to palembang and concert in palembang

34. Erwin Saputra Says:
    October 29th, 2008 at 8:10 pm

michael please concert in palembang.
    i very like you sound track michael wong wang guang liang
    you song is very beautifulest

michael aku mohon agar kau konser di kota ku di indonesia tepatny di palembang, aku paling suka lagumu, walaupun aku telah mendengarny lama dan tak tergantikan oleh lagu lain

35. Erwin Saputra Says:
    October 29th, 2008 at 8:12 pm

cia you

wang le you tou ciu cai meng ting tau ni
    tui wo suo ni cui ai de ku shi
    wo siang le hen ciu
    wo kai se huang le
    se bu se wo you cou cou le se mo
    ni ku ce tui wo suo
    tung hua ni do se phien ren de

cia you