So our badminton team lost at Thomas Cup semi-final. It’s not the sad thing really, the saddest thing is that not much people actually bother about our lost.

Some of my friends don’t even know that Malaysia are playing the Danes in the semis.. some might even believe me if I tell them that we won the Thomas Cup.

Funny ehh? Some years ago it’s Malaysia Thomas Cup that creates the now overly abused “Malaysia Boleh” theme.. it’s still a national sport back in the 90s.

Nowadays people probably prefer to play other sports like soccer, basketball or even golf.. but not on the field, they we play it by putting their butt on the chair in front of the computer screen.

Malaysians are probably much more familiar with Chelsea players than Malaysian badminton players nowadays.. I couldn’t even remember the name of our 3rd singles and the name of our doubles.

Oh shoot.. I’m a pathetic Malaysian. SHAME ON ME.. how bout you?

6 Responses to “Malaysia win Thomas Cup final.. blah”

1. Selba Says:
    May 6th, 2006 at 5:52 pm

I saw yesterday on TV that there’s a badminton game but didn’t really pay attention…. Oh so it was Thomas Cup?

I used to watch Thomas and Uber Cup during my elementary school but then stop… I just started to watch live badminton games for this 1 year because of companying my friend.

Oh… I had 2 canary birds named Thomas and Uber long time ago, now both are in heaven :)

May 7th, 2006 at 11:17 am

See.. badminton popularity is dropping in both Malaysia and Indonesia then.

Well RIP to Thomas and Uber lol.

May 7th, 2006 at 4:41 pm

Singapore also the same lohh..last time got dunno what Konica Cup or what and the two you mentioned also…i guess for my nation the kind of sports that are more interesting the people are soccer(foreign soccer not local) and perhaps extreme sports.

i do remember quite a few of your nation’s badminton greats…quite a rivalry between our nations’ badminton players…healthy competition eh?

May 8th, 2006 at 12:38 am

Ehh Malaysian and Singaporean rivals in badminton? Come on pal.. Singaporean no match to Malaysians lar.. :D

Speaking of extreme sports, Asian X-Game is in KL coming weekend, 12-14.. hope I can get everything on schedule and catch it live on spot.

5. Adam Says:
    May 8th, 2006 at 11:35 am

Watch the first and final games and both players lost. I watched the last singles at Syed while eating. It was exciting but I noticed that many people didn’t even care.

May 8th, 2006 at 2:14 pm

Seriously, some of my friends didn’t know that Thomas Cup was played and ended until I told them yesterday.