A friend called me at 3am, she was feeling sad over a broken 6-year relationship that happened a few months ago.. we went out for a few hours of chat and it left me a lot of things to ponder about love.

I’m probably not the best person to give the girl any advice, all I can do is to listen, lend her my shoulder and give her a hug when needed.

It’s kinda weird.. year 6th seems to be a curse for my friends.. 3 pairs have seen their love ended since last October. I probably won’t able to understand at current moment, how on earth can people get along for 6 years and broke up in the end?

I’ve never been in any relationship for more than 2 years, I’m quite a jerk when it come to love.. I can be a great friend but probably not a good lover.. not now at least.

Anyhow the things that mingle in my mind now is what can I do to comfort my friend? She’s obviously lost and the only thing I can say is time will heal. That’s BS by the way, I have friend that is still mourning over a relationship that ended 9 years ago.

How long will the wound takes to heal depends on various people maybe.. some seems to be recovering pretty fast in weeks.. some as said.. still in grey after years.

Love Oooo Love.. what is love? What can I do? Cupid please give me a clue.. perhaps not.. you fugging stupid cupid.

9 Responses to “Friend, love, despair, helpless, clueless, sleepless”

May 7th, 2006 at 4:39 pm

yeah its quite toughy man…i have some friends who bounce back quite fast…some take years and are still mourning over their loss. I guess it takes a mixture of the individual’s mental strength, their environment, whether they manage to find a soulmate fast enough and stuff like that…whew its sure tough lor i can definitely say

May 8th, 2006 at 12:37 am

Sure it’s not easy for those broken hearts.. it’s not easy being their friends either. Seeing a friend in torture but there’s really not much we can do.. can only wish her luck perhaps..

3. Adam Says:
    May 8th, 2006 at 11:14 am

Sometimes lending an ear and a shoulder to lean on can be the best thing you can offer in such occasions.

May 8th, 2006 at 2:16 pm

Well Adam.. actually that’s the only thing I can do..

5. Yvy Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 8:13 am

i agree with joshy but on the other hand, if that person is still mourning after 9 yrs – i can dare say that he/she is just wasting life away. sometimes u have to b cruel to be kind. knock some sense into them, ppl who are hurt or too much in love are sometimes blinded by emotion n as [true] friends, we sometimes have to take the risk n be the ‘baddie’ n AFTER [hopefully] they’ve come out of it, dont be surprise that they will thank u. ;) jsut a personal sharing.

May 10th, 2006 at 11:59 am

I know the 9 years mourning is silly.. I chatted with the girl before and that’s nothing much to say. It’s not like she’s in a despair mode or something, she even had at least 2 relationship in between but she just can’t let go of the one she had 9 years ago.

Sure I wish I could offer more to her, but as a matter of fact.. it’s so helpless to help friends solving their love tangle, perhaps the only one that can really help them are themselves.

7. Quetzalcoatl Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 10:56 am

She talked like Ninth Ward
    With her angel’s face, oh Lord
    I can’t sleep, I can’t eat
    I can’t breathe any more
    I lost my mind
    It’s the mind I left behind
    Last night at the old Milan Bar

… there’re some people you jus’ won’ ever forget …
    Not even a Katrina can wipe ’em away.

May 24th, 2006 at 12:46 pm

Quetzalcoatl.. ermm sounds sophisticated..

9. son Says: