A few Prophet Muhammad cartoons created tension in Middle East, Muslim communities are demanding apologies from involved parties. One of the most controversial cartoon is that a bomb being attached on Prophet Muhammad’s head, linking Muhammad to terrorism.

Before anyone reading further, take note that I am totally against any insult or flaming against any religious issues.

The Muhammad cartoons were actually first published a few months back at Danish daily Jyllands-Posten, but recently turned into international issue as a few other European news agents decided to republish the cartoons by the name of press freedom.

The first “victim” in this controversial issue is the firing of an editor from “France Soir”, a Paris daily. The firing did not help much as flames were already started as various Muslims communities are demanding more form of apologies from related parties upto the goverments of publications involved.

A few Middle East countries had recalled their ambassadors from Denmark.. but the tension and worries are coming from threat from non-government parties. Terrorism might follow if this issue is not properly handle.

My 2 cents, it’s a disgrace to make fun of any religious issues. I know that the westerners sometimes make jokes of God and Jesus and got through with it, but to do something provocative especially during this rather sensitive era is absolutely unacceptable.

I think the Muslims have every rights to demand for apologies, but I am strongly against the use of any violence act. I felt bad to see that some parties are starting to pose terrorist threat regarding this issue, I think they are giving bad names for the Muslim communities. Get it done in a peaceful and diplomatic way is how it’s supposed to be.

I actually had to think twice to make this post and to post the controversial cartoons. In the end I felt that the people outside of Europe or Middle East should at least know what is happening and what sparkle the controversy. -edited- (after speaking with a few Muslim friends I believe it’s best not to potray the cartoons even if it was for information purpose)

Peace.

11 Responses to “Muhammad cartoons tension in Middle East”

1. be Says:
    February 3rd, 2006 at 6:30 pm

They shouldn’t have published pictures like that.

In Islam we’re not even allowed to draw pictures of the Prophet peace be upon him.

We dont draw pictures of Jesus or Moses, we respect all the prophets.

We love our prophet peace be upon him.

February 4th, 2006 at 12:08 pm

be.. thanks for the note.

3. James Says:
    February 12th, 2006 at 7:21 am

I can not believe all the fuss a few pictures of some fictional character “Mohamad” has caused. Islam, pull your head in, and if you must, complain about it, but how dare people in MY country declare war on westerners and threaten us with violence for matters of no consequence!

February 12th, 2006 at 12:04 pm

Well James where are you from?

I agree partially that it’s probably too much to start acting violence over a couple of pictures.

As said I talked and showed the cartoons to a few Muslim friends, according to them the drawings were a really serious offence.. the Westerners should be more considerate when doing this kind of cross-culture/religious jokes.

What worrying me now is that’s no point of return for both parties, the West will not back up after some Muslim started acting violence and without official apologize from the West it seems that the Muslim will have no option to stop their protest..

5. James Says:
    February 12th, 2006 at 1:23 pm

I’m from New South Wales, Australia.
    What you said about the point of no return is definately the case, I think.
    I just hope that it’s all sorted out before anything drastic happens

February 12th, 2006 at 3:27 pm

Agree James, we can only hope for the best.

btw, I got some friends and relatives in Australia.. lovely place :)

7. Erossa9 Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 2:44 pm

I m a muslim but I love all the people those are know how to respect each other as a human in this world. In Islam , we soppose to recpect each other and we are not allow to criticize any religions. If you all want to know more about how Islam teach their people to be good, you can get all the information from Al-Quran.

Now have many people claims that they are Muslim but they are not. They do not know the meaning of ‘Syahid’ and they assumed that Syahid only related to the ‘War’ between Muslim and non-Muslim. In Al-Quran there have many types of ‘Syahid’ that we suppose to follow first to avoid a war. Many Muslim in the world never follow what the Al-Ouran said but they like to follow their own heart.

Prophet Muhammad SAW said, “When you are angry, take a sit first and still angry please go to sleep. after that you still angry, go take WUDUQ(clean yourself for pray) and pray to Allah SWT. If you are good Muslim, Allah SWT will help you in many ways.” True the what prophet Muhammad said is, He was telling us that do not make any decision when you are angry or not stable. This is the one of the Islamic way to see life and have so many peaceful and graceful things that have in Al-Quran. So, if have anythings bad between human please dont ever ever condamn or blame the religion. The world get rust and troubles because of human stupidity not because of religion.

The world will get peaceful if everybody follow Al-Quran not only for this matter but over all. The problems that we are facing now is lack of respectful among all the people and religions.

Please……all of us are in wrong direction now. Before we get loss from the real track better we turn back and try to correct, think and find out the right way to go. Nobody plan to fail but they fail to plan. The world now like to focus on the problems, that’s why the problem increases, why not we focus on the solutions??? THAT’S WILL BE BETTER.

“Blood cannot be washed out with blood.”

Erossa9
    Malaysia
    “To you your religion and to me my religion.”

February 28th, 2006 at 3:29 pm

Great comments Erossa9.

I spent 3 years in local university and have many Muslim friends.. even in Malaysia itself I can see that the Muslim are divided into 2 communities, one is more rational and the other much aggressive.

I know people from both side and they make their own claims on the intepretation of Islam.. honestly I am not sure which side to believe, but I always choose to believe that all religion should lead to kindness and not violence, that should apply to Islam as well.

I consulted a few Muslim friends after this post, all of them agree that the Muhammad cartoons are very offensive.. but some of them chose to laugh it off, while some of them chose to protest about it. Again I am not sure which is the right thing to do for a Muslim.

One thing for sure, as Erossa9 said.. “Blood cannot be washed out with blood.” Violence will only lead to violence..

I am glad that at least our Malaysian Muslim acted in much rational and mature way in handling this matter.

Peace.

9. Erossa9 Says:
    March 1st, 2006 at 2:23 am

Hi Jee, thanks for supporting my comments. Nice to meet you!

I read many articles in the net that people like to condemn each other including religion. Actually all of us are blind and do not know what is right and wrong. Human made mistake and the religion get punished. Why not we punish the people that cause the havoc? Wrong is wrong and don’t try to cover. An apology is the superglue of life. It can repair just about anything. It’s fair to everybody.

What is Islam?
    Here have 10 the meaning of Islam:
    1. Islam is peace.
    2. Islam is beautiful.
    3. Islam is harmony.
    4. Islam is love and prosperity.
    5. Islam’s not hatred or adversity.
    6. Islam is one in unity.
    7. Islam means no harm or affliction.
    8. Islam is not a terrorist or for a pretender.
    9. Islam is patience and perseverance.
    10. Islam is winning hearts through honesty.

Still have a lot of the meaning for Islam found in Al-Quran. So, please don’t misunderstand and condemn the Beauty of Islam.
    “WE DO OUR BEST AND GOD WILL DO THE REST…”

Erossa9
    Malaysia
    “To you your religion and to me my religion.”

March 1st, 2006 at 1:32 pm

Nice to meet you too Erossa9.

Somtimes it’s the lack of communication that matters, leaders in each religion should have a round-table and discuss about the difference between each religion and make a solution towards world unity.

As far as I know the pope are not doing much to form the unity between religions.. and Islam probably have difficulties finding a leader of themselves.

11. Erossa9 Says:
    March 1st, 2006 at 3:23 pm

The world should PUNISH to the people that cause so much havoc. EXSPECIALLY involve the religion issue. This issue very sensitive among all the humans!! But still have a lot of blind people said, The Prophet Muhammad issue is a small matter and start to blaming all the Muslim.

Actually, the people that doing this tried to awake a sleeping giant!! So at the end, the victims are wrong and the culprit are right!!!! This is the real world now and all of us in this world. Before we start to condemn each other, please look at the questions below:

Is it the right way to make a joke with RELIGION?
    So what the action have taken from the entire Non-Muslim leader?
    Should the Muslim just keep quiet and enjoy the joke?
    This is call democracy or tolerance?
    How do we feel if people used our FATHER/MOTHER identity and picture to make a funny idiot joke?
    Do we will keep quiet?
    If not, what will we do?
    If yes, ask yourself who am I to them.

“Never hate your enemies…it will cloud your thinking.”

Please answer this entire question and be honest to yourself.
    Looking forward to hear from the world!

Erossa9
    Malaysia
    “To you your religion and to me my religion.”