Malaysia blogger Adam suggested that Nicol David should be awarded Datukship (equivalent to being knighted in UK) for her world champion achievement, I think she deserved more.

My question is how noble it is to be awarded to Datukship nowadays? What are the criterias?

I’ve seen so many people working hard and spent all their lifes giving back to the society and yet received no regcontion at all. On the other hand I’ve seen rich people that basically donates a few bucks and woolah, that’s enough to grant them Datukship.. so how cheap is the Datukship? It’s mostly money game btw..

Let’s face the thruth, how many Datuk that we knew are not rich? How often did we seen an average income person get the regconition? It’s rich men’s game!

What eeks me more is in recent years so many Datuk are being sentenced to court for different crime offences.. and seeing so many mafias got rewarded Datukship makes me laugh. They don’t bother about the dignity anymore, want a Datukship.. just Show Me The Money!!

You see.. that’s really nothing much to be proud of being awarded Datukship..

As for Nicol, give a $1,000,000 instead, that would be much much much much more meaningful.. she will be rich, and rich people will get the Datukship anyway lol..

7 Responses to “The meaning of Datukship”

1. Adam Says:
    December 5th, 2005 at 2:07 pm

Thanks for the link. I feel that if others can get a Datukship for lesser things they have done, then Nicol deserves it more for bringing pride to the country. Not sure, but I heard that once you get a Datukship, money automatically comes in. ;-)

2. Yvy Says:
    December 5th, 2005 at 3:09 pm

haha!! how right u are…now days, just throw a stone n i bet it will land on a datuks head, so be careful when u throw stones at ppl if u geram at them, might just hit a datuk by accident. LOL =P

December 6th, 2005 at 1:21 am

I thought of a stupid situation, what IF one day I got the offer of being granted Datukship, should I take it? lol I will feel so uncomfortable of being a Datuk.. yet do we have the right to reject being awarded Datukship btw..?

4. Yvy Says:
    December 6th, 2005 at 12:42 pm

i should think so. then again, how many would actually say no? ;) btw, nicol is a RICHER kid now. going to b awarded RM200k for getting that world title under her belt!! YAY!! ;)

December 6th, 2005 at 9:17 pm

Yay congrats to Nicol! :D

6. Eve Says:
    May 28th, 2007 at 11:22 am

You are right.I did not know what is the meaning of Datuk untill the GMD of a networking company was arrested in Jakarta. The company was making so much noise that he got Datukship and just for your info in my country many people have gone to jail because of this Datuk also in many other countries like Nepal, Iran, Dubai, India etc. so many people lost their little money to buy this Datuk’s gold coins.He made so much money from the poor people and cheated many others.Thanks God that He is now in Jail, Atleast he can now feel how is it to be in jail.

May 28th, 2007 at 12:12 pm

Shame on him… I wonder if he is a real ‘Datuk’ though, it’s so easy to bluff about it.